a.k.a. getting an A & P (Assessment & Plan)
What is Assessed?
- A total of 108 assessments
- Flexibility – Every major joint in every direction
- 48 muscles for balanced strength
- Computerized Movement Imaging (CMI) – 3D-Motion capture and analysis of your functional movements
- Learn what each muscle, joint & Range of Motion (ROM) feels like!
How is it Assessed?
- The 108 assessments are divided into 4 A & P sessions.
- Each A & P session last 30 minutes.
- Monthly re-assessments are done to monitor progress and a new set of assessments are initiated when you achieve the degree of mastery you desire.
What is the Plan?
Each A & P session includes a Plan that is:
- Based on your individual assessments
- Includes yoga pose variations
- Recommendations for poses (and those to avoid)
- Corrective Exercises
- Active & passive stretches to loosen tight joints
- Actions to tighten hypermobile joints
How to implement the Plan?
- Yoga Practitioners can implement their plan independently or they can be guided by a certified Level I Specialist (maybe this is you).
- Level I certified guidance can be done in group classes or through private tutoring.
- All Level I specialists are certified instructors in at least 1 form of yoga or have a license in a health care profession that utilizes muscle strength testing and practices yoga.
- YogAnalysis Level I Specialists in training are available at reduced rates.
Who does the A & P?
- YogAnalysis Level II Specialists
- Level II Specialists have 700 hours of training
Schedule Your A & P or Yoga Therapy
Go to our online appointment book to schedule your first, half hour A & P session with Dr. John Wallman, or any other yoga service we offer here.
- Click on the “Select Service” field – choose if you want a YogAnalysis, Yoga Membership, Yoga Class, etc.
- Click on the “Any Service Provider” field – choose Dr. John Wallman for YogAnalysis, or any other provider for Yoga Therapy.
- Click on the “date” field – Select the date you wish to make an appointment for.
- Click on the “Search” button. If that provider has any appointments available on the day you wish, a list of times available will show up. Select the time slot you wish, or go back to the “date” field and select another day.