YogAnalysis is a system of Assessments in each body region regarding flexibility, muscle strength and balance as well as functional movement, This information is used to generate customized Plans of yoga poses with variations and corrective actions that match your physical condition with your goals.
This is the YogAnalysis Assessments & Plan (A & P).
Why Assess for Yoga?
- YA teaches you how to “Listen to Your Body”
- There is less trial and error. Fewer aches and injuries
- Your yoga becomes safer, more productive and more enjoyable!
What Is Assessed?
- Flexibility – Every major joint in every direction
- Each of your muscles for balanced strength
- Functional Movement – using Computerized Movement Imaging (CMI) to do 3D Motion Capture, every joint and muscle is measured for sequencing, timing and movement capabilities while doing specific activities. It is the biomechanical “Stess Test” to see how your body puts it all together.
- You learn what each muscle, joint, Range of Motion and healthy movement feels like!
The YogAnalysis Plan
After each assessment session, we combine your test results with your goals to develop a customized plan of:
- Yoga pose recommendations
- Poses to avoid
- Pose variations
- Corrective Exercises
- Active & passive stretches
Implementing The YA Plan
- Clients may implement their YogAnalysis plan on their own or…
- Work with a YogAnalysis instructor in private 1 on 1 lessons for as long as they wish, to ensure they are doing the recommendations correctly.
For additional information or to book a YogAnalysis session on Thursdays in East Patchogue, NY