Who may offer Yoga Alliance Continuing Education?
“Each RYT must ensure they obtain Continuing Education from a qualified provider who meets any of the criteria below:
- A YACEP whose membership is current, or
- An E-RYT who is currently registered, or
- Someone who has a relevant degree, certification, or substantial education in the subject that he or she will teach which must be related to a Yoga Alliance Educational Category, plus a minimum of 500 hours of teaching experience in that subject and/or the equivalent of two years’ of relevant experience in that subject area.
*Yoga Alliance reserves the right to request supporting documentation from an RYT to substantiate the qualifications of any non-YACEP.”
What are the Continuing Education requirements for a yoga teacher?
“Every three years starting from your initial date of registration, each RYT and E-RYT must complete and log a minimum of:
- 45 hours teaching yoga, and
- 30 hours of yoga related training that is directly related to one of our Educational Categories, of which:
Teaching or training hours prior to registration do not count as Continuing Education.
If you earn more than the required hours in a three-year period, the extra hours may not rollover into the next three-year period.
Continuing Education hours should be spent learning something new, through research, study or experiential learning, rather than synthesizing or processing prior knowledge.”